Welcome to the Invictus Paddling Club. We are a community paddling club that participates in local Dragon Boat, Stand Up Paddle Board, and Outrigger Canoe races. The team practices bi-weekly and participate in local paddling races throughout the year. The team is also heavily involved with KeepTampaBayBeautiful.org. We are always looking to grow our team, check out our Membership & Practice Info to get more information. Visit our Meetup.com page to rsvp for practice and try it out: http://meetu.ps/c/2wWXm/24RJk/a
Seeking New Paddlers:
We love our growing team and introducing new paddlers to this sport that we love. Invictus is looking to grow our membership base with fun-loving people that would like to try something new. For the love of competition, being social, meeting new people, and learning dragon boat or SUP.
Invictus Membership Info
The team is supported by its members and sponsors. Membership fee's cover the rental space for the boat, maintenance, and boat insurance yearly.
* 1 Year Annual Membership is $120 (Can be paid Bi-Annual/$60 or Yearly/$120)
* 12 Available Dragon Boat Practices per month.
* Use of club equipment, Dragon Boat Paddles/Life Jackets for Practice
2016 ICF US National Dragon Boat Team Info:
Our very own Coach/Captain, Jim Ellis, has been selected to be a team member of the USA National Dragon Boat for 2016. He will be competing in the International Canoe Federation Dragon Boat World Championships that will be held in Moscow, Russia from Sept 8th - 11th 2016. If you would to donate the Invictus Team USA fund, please click the link below. Jim is proud and excited for the opportunity to represent the United States in this years World Championships, Go USA!!!!
Newest Shoreline Adoption Site:
- Invictus has expanded our community reach and has adopted our 2nd shoreline, Invictus partnered with Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful, will be maintaining the shoreline of Cotanchobee Fort Brooke Park in Downtown Tampa for 2016/2017. This park is host to two major dragon boat festivals and multiple public events in Tampa. The team is very proud to give to back to our great community and waterways.
Great video recently released by KeepTampaBayBeautiful.org documenting World Oceans Day 2015. Invictus along with many other supporters and sponsors helped out with global day of caring for our oceans and waterways:
Invictus Paddling Club Recently mentioned in Local Newspaper:
Mira Bay Race Videos:
- The Next River Clean Up for our adopted portion of the Garrison Channel has been scheduled for Saturday, November 14th from 9am - 11am, meet at Cotanchobee Fort Brooke Park, 601 Old Water St, Tampa, FL 33602.
- Invictus Paddling Club awarded Environmental Projects Award from Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful for environmental contributions in 2014.
Please "Contact Us" if you or your organization would like to help particpate.
Invictus Paddlilng Club - Dragon Boat
Welcome! Thank you for visiting the Invictus Paddling Club!! We are a Competitive Social Paddling Club based in Tampa, FL. The team is comprised of local members that are passionate about fitness, competition, and our local community. The crew trains twice a week and competes about 10 - 12 races per year. Visit our 'Membership & Practice Info' page to get more information about the Crew.
Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful
Invictus Paddling Club is also passionate about our community and the environment. We are partnered with KeepTampaBayBeautiful.org, the team partcipates in several events conducted by KTBB, has adopted a 1-mile stretch of the Hillsborough River for quarterly clean-ups, and we are also members of the KTBB Ambassador Program where we bring awareness to KTBB at events via information pamphlets and email sign-up sheets. Invcitus Paddling club was recently awarded the KTBB Environmental Projects Award for 2014. Please visit our Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful page for more information on how to get involved.
Invictus SUP Club
Some team members enjoy competeing in Stand UP Paddle Board racing as well, we train and enter Competitive SUP races yearly. Race SUP boards and training is available for club members. Check Out the 2015 SUP Events on the Race Schedule Page.
Invictus Paddling Club relies on Membership dues and donations from supporters like you. Donations are used for rental space for the boat, team equipment, and boat maintenance.
Thank you for your Support!!